The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Friday, May 30, 2014

EP Review | Austin Mahone - The Secret

Austin Mahone
The Secret (EP)
Chase / Cash Money / Republic
Release date: May 23, 2014

By Shawal Ras


Got a chance to listen to Austin Mahone's latest extended play, The Secret. All I'm gonna ask you: are you ready for some late 90's throwback?

I'll be honest, I was expecting something Justin Bieber-ish from Mahone. But little did I know, this record is somewhat different. The whole 9-track CD is filled with feel good pop songs that sound a little like what we've heard from the late 90's boybands (a little Backstreet Boys, some *NSync, etc).

My favs: 'Mmm Yeah', 'Can't Fight This Love', 'Secret', and 'The One I've Waited'. 

So yea, pretty much loving this record.

Most of the songs presented here are very radio friendly, but I'm not a fan of ONLY two tracks: the first tune, 'Till I Find You' and this slow number gone wrong, 'All I Ever Need'.

And what's up with the cover artwork? LOL. 

But, regardless of what I've written above, The Secret is a pretty decent work for Mahone. I'm wondering when will he come up with a full length studio album? Soon? Let's hope it'll be as good as this one (or perhaps, better).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment