The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

LP Review | Guy Sebastian - Madness

Guy Sebastian
Madness
Sony Music Australia
Release date: November 21, 2014

By Shawal Ras


To be honest, I never thought Guy Sebastian would no longer be that weird kid with that big afro hair in 'Angels Brought Me Here'. His eighth album (EIGHTH!), Madness, arrived late last year and it was a pretty great album; loads of pumped-up beats and matured content.

I, sorry for being a half-year late, loving this version of Guy!

First of all, I have about seven fav tracks in this LP (that's a lot, actually): 'Mama Ain't Proud', 'Elephant', 'Alive', 'Light and Shade', 'Linger', 'One of Us', and 'Lightning'. The ultimate standout would be 'Mama Ain't Proud', 'Elephant', and 'Linger'. The first is my no.1 fav, thanks for it being so urban and cool and hip hop-ish

I MEAN IT! The song pretty much put me in my grinding mode: TURN IT UP!  

But, the rest aren't that memorable. 

I mean, the opening track, 'Madness', which supposed to set the tone of the album, fails to do so. It is bleak and boring and it kinda put me in a position where I'm thinking this'll be a boring album (I'm half wrong - so, yea, there's that).

And the debut single off this album, 'Like a Drum', is pretty much a rip-off of Avicii's 'Woke Me Up'. Despite it being constantly played in the radio, I am not a fan of it. 

But, regardless of my so-and-so review, I'm still recommending it, 'cos conceptually, Madness is a good album. And based on the current music trend, you just might like it. 

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment