The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Single Review | Mathew V - I'm A Bitch

Mathew V
I'm A Bitch - Single
(Independent)
Release date: May 12, 2015

By Shawal Ras


Honestly, judging by the title, I seriously thought I'm gonna hate this song. Lesson learned from this revelation: don't judge a song by its title!

'I'm A Bitch' is the debut single of a Vancouver-based independent singer, Mathew Van Vooght, or simply known as Mathew V.

Released about a week ago, I seriously thought the song will be something very bubblegum pop and it'll talks about being a proper hot bitch (like any other pop songs intended for the LGBTQ people out there). 

But, no. Not really. This one is pretty dope. 

It has this cool sonic ala those songs from the 70's and it reminds me a lot of Grease and I love its theme about being totally independent and free and how having those criteria can make people call you a bitch.

In spirit of this song, I'mma tell you this: "So what? I am a bitch." Haha.

Anyway, all this song needs is a little polishing by a mega-hit producer and it'll be a fresh new cut in the chart. 

Checkout the song below and hit me with your comment!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment