The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

LP OST Review | Various Artists - Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Vienna

Various Artists
Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Vienna
Universal
Release date: April 20, 2015

By Shawal Ras


Went through all 40 songs for this year's Eurovision Song Contest throughout the week (the duration is well over two hours) and I have to say, it's a pretty loaded compilation.

I'm not sure how to review this without watching the show but I have a bunch of favs (so far). 

Other than Elina Burn & Stig Rasta and Il Volo which I've reviewed long ago, some of my must-listen tracks are: 'I'm Alive', 'Tonight Again', 'Rhythm Inside' (this one is so Lorde?!), 'Time', 'Walk Along', 'A Million Voices', 'Heroes', and 'One Last Breath'.

The total amount of my current douze points are ten songs (might be more after the grand final)! 

Other than those, 'Amenecer', 'Adio', 'I Am Yours', and 'I Want Your Love' are also pretty OK. They're not gonna win, but they're sure good.

The rest aren't that superb, but y'know what, with Eurovision, anything can happen.

Overall, this collection is a must for every Eurovision fan. So many ballads here and I'm hoping next year there'll be more culturally-filled song (like my absolute fav: Hadise - 'Düm Tek Tek', from 2009 edition). I wish we can have one for Asia, but I think we all know it'll be boring. 

The semi-finals are expected to be on May 19th and 21st, while the grand final will be on May 23rd, and I am sure I'll be watching it (despite it being 4.00am here in Malaysia).

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.



5 comments:

  1. Really? What about Slovenia's Here For You? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. im not liking here for you. it's a good song, but not strong enough. but this is my pov. what's yours choice to win this year's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lol. should've put it in caption. i mean 'here for you'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... Yeah I had to read it twice to get it at first, lol :)

    I have to be honest that I didn't listen to all the songs yet, only clips of some. Usually I leave until the live show. But from the clips I can tell there are quite a few good songs. Well, since I'm Slovenian I root for Slovenia, and I really like the song, it has Duffy vibe. :)) But we are too small to have a chance at winning, unfortunately there's lots of politics in Eurovision too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the politics wont interfere that much. We'll see. May the best song wins!

    ReplyDelete