The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, August 18, 2014

LP Review | Fergie - The Dutchess

Fergie
The Dutchess
A&M
Release date: September 13, 2006

By Shawal Ras


Eight years ago, the lead female of the Black Eyed Peas (and the only one who matters, sorry Will), Fergie, released her debut solo LP, The Dutchess, to a huge success from both critics and fans alike.

Today, she blessed us with a news that she's back in the recording studio to finally deliver a new record. On that note, lets revisit her eponymous 2006's debut.

The Dutchess is a thirteen-track record described as a mixed of hip-hop, rhythm & blues, and pop. I'm gonna applaud this one 'cos it is nothing like BEP's last two albums which are filled with annoying EDM sounds and repetitive electronic lyrics. Unf.

The album moves from fun ('Fergalicious' & 'Clumsy') to drop-ass dance anthem ('London Bridge'), ode to the rich and glamour ('Glamour', 'Pedestal', & 'Here I Come') and lastly, sappy ballads ('Big Girls Don't Cry' & 'Losing My Ground'). Ahhh, yes, I love this album and it is definitely one of the highlights during my lame high-school days.

Sure with everything that I've mentioned above are in one LP, it is bound to sounds a little too diverse, but still, it is not boring at all. But I do have to say, tracks like 'All That I Go (The Make Up Song)' should've not be in this album (again, sorry Will). 

Anyway, I'm off to another session with my Dutchess, so if you have any comment, please voice it out in the box below!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment