The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, August 18, 2014

LP Review | Beyoncé - 4

Beyoncé
4
Parkwood / Columbia
Release date: June 24, 2011

By Shawal Ras


Since not so much records are coming out right now, I decided to review one of my favorite album, 4, by HRH Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, or as y'all like to call her, Queen Bey.

4 is the fourth album released by Beyoncé. Conceptually, it's a pretty slow album detailing her life, love and as usual, female empowerment. It's a much more sensual than her fifth record which deigned by many critics as sexually charged than any of her previous efforts.

Anyway. 4 got a lot of cool tracks, some of my favs are '1+1', 'I Care', 'I Miss You', 'Best Thing I Never Had', 'Countdown', 'I Was Here', 'End of Time', and my ultimate fav track, 'Love on Top', which is kinda my tune for a very very very long time (this easy breezy pop tune can easily be loved by everyone - I tested this on my friend, he ended up singing this song at the karaoke). 

Although, despite this being my fav album by Bey, I'm not really the biggest fan of the first single off this album, 'Run the World (Girls)', 'cos I think it is kinda hard (well, sonically) than the rest of the album. It doesn't run well in this record, but still, the video is a-mah-zing!

Ballads are probably the best part of this LP. They are jazzy and mid-tempo, making it a very dull album for the road but great if you're tryna be sexy with your beau at home. 

Anyway, if you're trying to see why Bey is nodded by musicians and fans all over the world, you should listen to her discography, particularly this one. Illuminati ain't got nothing on this. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment