The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

LP Review | Jamie Scott & The Town - Park Bench Theories

Jamie Scott & The Town
Park Bench Theories
Polydor
Release date: October 5, 2007

By Shawal Ras



Back in 2007, I was just done with my SPM days (it's our school system's nationwide final exam, some kind of SATs if you're in USA), and I discovered this song called 'When Will I See Your Face Again' and I fell in love with the laid-back singing style. I saw this album reviewed in a couple of local magazines and decided to look for it, but failed. So, naturally, after a few months, I already forgot about it.

Then yesterday, eight years later, I was in Speedy, a record store in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur, and saw this CD in their discounted bin. There's only one copy left and I directly grabbed it and head over to the payment counter. Have to say, I'm a very happy kid!

Park Bench Theories by Jamie Scott & The Town (currently known as J.S. Baylin or Graffiti 6) is a very relaxed LP. If you're looking for fun music, then this is not the one. But if you're looking for something for you to listen in a long road trip or before bed, then this is the one. 

Throughout the album's 50 minutes playtime, I am sincerely in love with it. It gave out this whole folk-like surreality instead of being plain 'ol pop music. I have four favorite tracks that I'll play again and again: 'Runaway Train', 'When Will I See Your Again', 'Standing In the Rain' and 'Love Song to Remember'.  

So, recommendation? Sure, yeah - go buy it! I've been looking for it for eight years, and you know what, this is definitely worth it. 

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment