The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Music Video Review | Taylor Swift - Style

Taylor Swift
Style - Single
Big Machine / Republic
Release date: February 9, 2015 (Single) / February 13, 2015 (Music Video)

That one track that got me falling in love with 1989 - 'Style' - finally got a very fashionable video that complimented this breezy electronic pop.

Released mere hours ago, 'Style' took a different route than the previous version of the video, which appears as a Target advert for 1989. This new “dreamy” version sees montages of what used to be Swift's love life with the James Dean-like dude before the inevitable breakup (oh it's so obvious about who, okay. See: paper-plane necklace ). 

I am in particularly to that scene where Swift, in red lipstick, is in a convertible car and is looking happy to be by his side. That edit just screams late 80s.

Do I love it? Hmm, not really. But I am not saying I hate it. 

For me, I kinda think this video fits ‘Out of the Woods’ better than ‘Style’. But that is just my opinion. I love seeing endless beautiful shots interloping with one another in this video, making it GIF-able than any of her previous works. 

Anyway, you can watch the video below and gimme your comments later!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment