The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Single Review | Lana Del Rey - Big Eyes

Lana Del Rey
Big Eyes - Single
Polydor / Interscope
Release date: December 3, 2014

By Shawal Ras


Big Eyes is opening up soon and already got massive reviews from various critics who saw the film first. My forever muse, Lana Del Rey, has been hired by Tim Burton to sing two tracks for the film and one of them is the title track.

The song saw Del Rey channelling the main character, Margaret Keane, who found out that her husband artistically stole her work and mass produced it. "I saw you creeping 'round the garden / What are you hiding? / I used to think that I could trust you / I was your woman," she croons over live strings.

If I'm being honest here, I love anything done by Del Rey and this song is perfect and already got me excited for the film.

Anyway, will this song finally give Del Rey her much-needed Oscar after last year's horrendous tarnish lobbying which caused 'Bold & Beautiful' dropped from the nomination?

Judge below!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment