The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, November 06, 2014

Music Video Review | Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat

Lorde
Yellow Flicker Beat - Single
Republic
Release date: September 29, 2014 (Single) / November 6, 2014 (Music Video)

Gahhhhhh Lorde is channelling her inner James Brown in this snappy music video for her eerie and haunting curated soundtrack for the forthcoming Mockingjay

While I've reviewed this song a few months ago, the official video just went up a few minutes ago and I am super stoked for it!

Here, Lorde is dancing (read my word: D-A-N-C-I-N-G!) to the tune and yea, she's breaking her every bones in a very weird dance sequence and scenes and overall the video is just beautifully weird.

I'm oddly enchanted, TBH.

And I'm all positive for this! Don't really care how awkward her twirl is 'cos this girl is looking fabulous in so many new fashion (and don't get me start on her many hair 'dos).

P/s: Oh, the single is in Spotify, too. Unlike her BFF. Ouch. #sorrynotsorry

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment