The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

LP OST Review | Various Artists - Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Various Artists
Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Marvel Music
Release date: July 29, 2014

By Shawal Ras


Guardians of the Galaxy is the definite awesome film with the best soundtrack I've ever listened to! 

Yesterday I found myself going to the cinema and decided to watch this film out of my curiosity (and upon a friend's recommendation). Needless to say, after two hours, I left the cinema being a whole new fan of Marvel! 

Guardians is filled with brilliant one-liners, it's damn funny, and yeah, I enjoyed it to the max.

And the best thing is... their soundtrack is a whole different league from any other superhero movies. I'm talking about the intergalactic specially-made Awesome Mix Vol.1!

The album, appearing throughout the film, is a collection of 70's music hand-picked by the director, James Gunn, just to point out that Peter Quill (or Star-Lord) is just another normal human being from Earth. 

Tracks like 'Hooked on a Feeling' by Blue Swede, 'Moonage Dream' (David Bowie), 'I Want You Back' (The Jackson 5), 'Cherry Bomb' (The Runaways), and 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell are some of my favourites in this LP.

Thanks to the success of this film, I'm betting some of these tracks will be appearing in the mainstream chart soon. Talk about a resurgence!

Oh I misses those days where we do our own mix-tapes and listen to our fav songs recorded from the radio. Memories, indeed.

Anyway, y'all should buy this album (remember the title, not the scores collection). It's da bomb and I'm highly recommending this - URGENT!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment