The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

LP Review | Robbie Williams - In and Out of Consciousness: Greatest Hits 1990 - 2010

Robbie Williams
In and Out of Consciousness: Greatest Hits 1990 - 2010
Virgin
Release date: October 8, 2010

By Shawal Ras


I've been listening to this CD for years and I have never think about reviewing it for this blog. So, today, I've decided to give it a listen: all 39 tracks, 2 CDs and a look at Robbie Williams' discography in just a couple of hours.

In and Out of Consciousness: Greatest Hits 1990 - 2010 comprises a massive amount of hits from all of his solo albums since 1994 (I wonder why the album dated from 1990 'cos it doesn't make any sense). If you're a fan of Williams, you'll definitely enjoy it very VERY much.

From the likes of 'Angels', 'Come Undone', 'Feel', 'Something Stupid', 'Millennium' all the way to 'Supreme' - this compilation is a walk through your experience with music in the 90s. 

Ah, I'm having a moment of my life (sorry, 'cos I'm a huge fan of Williams so this review is a sure favourite)! 

The only things I hate about this album are the two new songs: 'Heart and I' and 'Shame'. I'm sure Take That's fans will love it, but it doesn't fit as an opening for Williams' new "matured" chapter. 

To be frank though, if Williams didn't leave Take That back then, he'll never been motivated to release an edgy solo career, which is clearly proven in this record. 

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

FYI, there's a bonus CD with another 20 remixes and B-sides. Since they're not important, so, no, there's no need to go through that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment