The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Single Review | Lana Del Rey - Brooklyn Baby

Lana Del Rey
Brooklyn Baby - Single
Polydor
Release date: June 8, 2014

With a bit more than a week to go until the arrival of her third full length album in stores, Lana Del Rey keeps us excited by sharing another new track titled 'Brooklyn Baby' off her upcoming record, Ultraviolence.

Written by herself and Barrie-James O'Neill (FYI, her beau), 'Brooklyn Baby' is probably our favourite track Lana has unveiled in this era. Critics are dubbing it as better than her previous three tracks ('Ultraviolence, 'West Coast' and 'Shades of Cool') thanks to the glorious verses and heavenly chorus.

Despite labelled as "explicit" by iTunes, I couldn't care less. She's in love with her man and you can tell it when you hear and read the lyrics. The downtempo tune also has Lana owning up to her own quirky traits (which is why I love her in the first place!):

“My boyfriend’s in the band / He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed / I’ve got feathers in my hair / I get down to Beat poetry / And my jazz collection’s rare / I can play most anything / I’m a Brooklyn baby.”

Listen to the nostalgia-seeped song by clicking the video below. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment