The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, June 09, 2014

Single OST Review | Ed Sheeran - All of the Stars

Ed Sheeran
All of the Stars - Single / The Fault in Our Stars (Music from the Motion Picture)
Atlantic
Release date: May 19, 2014 (Album) / May 9, 2014 (Music Video)

By Shawal Ras


Okay? Okay.

I'm sobbing up a bit after reading John Green's famous novel, The Fault in Our Stars, which has been turned into a movie and got $48 million in its opening week. Honestly, I'm bummed over the fact that this movie won't be playing in Malaysian cinemas until the end of July - it sucks so bad, okay!

Anyway, one of the soundtracks in the album compilation, 'All of the Stars', sang by Ed Sheeran got my attention and I weeped after listening to it ('cos I was imagining myself as Hazel - LOL). There's nothing special about the song as it is pretty much the usual standard stuff we've heard from Sheeran so far.

But the music video is somewhat different. I love seeing the collage of the stuffs sent by the fans of the novel. Seeing endless quotes and notes of encouragement displayed throughtout the music video got me smiling. If you haven't read the novel yet, you won't understand the magnitude of lessons written all over it. Fans love it, and I love it, too! 

So, I'm giving this video a full and loaded five stars and y'all can watch the video below. Enjoy!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment