The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Music Video Review | Lady Gaga - G.U.Y.

Lady Gaga
G.U.Y. - Single
Streamline / Interscope
Release date: April 8, 2014 (Single) / March 22, 2014 (Music Video)

My lady has returned! After a long break since her last music video (remember 'Applause'?), Lady Gaga returned to the world with a brand new music video, 'G.U.Y.', an 8 minutes (or 11 minutes, including credit) short movie which serves as an ARTPOP film.

I'm not so crazy about the song (I am, in fact, still waiting for 'Do What You Want' video, Gaga!), but I am deeply in love with the music video. Sure it's a damn long and over the top Gaga's manifesto, but I don't really care anymore 'cos she looks beautiful and it's a reminiscence of her old days, a trip back to 'Poker Face' thanks to that overzealous mansion, dance routines and the always gorgeous white hair. 

Do I really have to give this a rating? Well, it's a full five stars, to be honest. That Roman-cum-Egypt scene is my favourite of all scenes in this music video. Again, she is uber gorgeous and gold pretty much compliments her skin. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the whole outfits are made and done by Versace? Yes, I think so.

Glad to have you back, Stefani.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.



1 comment:

  1. My fave scene too! Especially the man in the gold short shorts just throwing himself at lady gaga's mercy. Way to objectify men! Love it!

    ReplyDelete