The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Single Review | Pixie Lott - Nasty

Pixie Lott
Nasty - Single
Mercury
Release date: March 9, 2014

I have no idea where is Pixie Lott heading creatively for her upcoming self-titled third album and I am dying to know about it, but, she did released a few singles over the past few months and this one, 'Nasty', caught my ears!

'Nasty' was previously recorded by Christina Aguilera back in 2010 or 2011 for her movie, Burlesque. I heard the demo in some website and I fell in love with it (and she threw it out - not a wise decision from her part). This horn-heavy and uptempo Jazz single is gonna be my favorite from Lott. Lyrics like “I love the way you’re talking nasty, you know you’re just my type!” is making this one a retro-flavored sex jam.

Vocally, Pixie Lott's version is not as good as Aguilera's but still, it's a finished and polished version - it's a good recording, indeed!

[UPDATE] I uploaded the video below. It's a must watch! Sexy Pixie Lott is in a 70s styled night club and everyone's bumping and grinding into each other. I only hate the lingerie she wore towards the end of the video (erk!).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment