The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Saturday, December 07, 2013

Single Review | Gin Wigmore - Kill of the Night

Gin Wigmore
Kill of the Night - Single
Mercury Records
Release date: November 7, 2011

Again! I was watching Pretty Little Liars and I heard this sexy and pretty edgy rock tune titled 'Kill of the Night' by a New Zealand pop singer, Gin Wigmore. This song was released together with her sophomore record, Gravel & Wine, back in 2011.

Based from I heard, this song is about seeking revenge from someone, as told by the lyrics: "I'm gonna catch ya, I wanna taste the way that you bleed, oh, you're my kill of the night." Kinda spooky, isn't it? Regardless of the theme, this song is very addictive (and vindictive, too). Just listen to Wigmore's voice? It reminds me of Amy Winehouse and Duffy, with a hint of sex appeal and rocker edge. Oh, I love her!

I'm definitely gonna give this bad bitch one helluva mark!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment