The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Single Review | Enrique Iglesias - I'm A Freak (feat. Pitbull)

Enrique Iglesias
I'm A Freak (feat. Pitbull) - Single
Universal Music
Release date: January 14, 2014

Enrique Iglesias once again bore us with his choice for a new single. Yes, I'm gonna go ahead and say this out loud: I hate it! 

'I'm A Freak' is Iglesias' latest single to hit iTunes in his bid to reignite his fading name in the industry (it is still flaming, but it isn't that bright). But lemme give you a lesson here, Enrique: EDM is also a fading genre and it is not wise for you to jump into this bandwagon (I mean, look at how Britney's Britney Jean and Lady Gaga's ARTPOP are performing in sales... not good). Sure, the addition of Pitbull's nonsense rap is quite cool, but still, it is not a good single: 'I'm A Freak' sounds repetitive and frankly, the same as any other EDM-based singles out there.

My advice: please bring that uber-masculine Latin sassiness that you got years ago. Honestly, I am still listening to 'Bailamos' and yea, it's eargasmic and it is your identity. Bring him out, I tell you!

Rating: 1.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment