The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Friday, October 20, 2017

TSwift Sizzles with 'Gorgeous', A Paean for Her Beautiful Crush

Taylor Swift
Gorgeous - Single
Big Machine
Release date: October 20, 2017

By Shawal Ras


Taylor Swift drops a new single and it's super snarky, I'm loving it.

The simplicity of 'Gorgeous' reminds me a lot of my days as a youth ('cos I'm emo AF but cute - got it?). It's far from the complex-narration of her best song 'All Too Well' but it's definitely a bubbly track, similar to her biggest song to-date, 'Blank Space'.

The track speaks of having a crush and you just can't shake the idea of approaching him. "If you've got a girlfriend, I'm jealous of her / But if you're single that's honestly worse / 'Cause you're so gorgeous it actually hurts."

This song is the complete opposite of the first single, a Yang to 'Look What You Made Me Do'.

I'm hoping this'll be her second single, 'cos I definitely wanna see a fun music video for this. In the meantime, checkout the lyric video...

No comments:

Post a Comment