The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

LP Review | Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour

Sam Smith
In The Lonely Hour
Capitol
Release date: May 26, 2014

By Shawal Ras


Sam Smith's In The Lonely Hour is pretty much a Bible to those who are looking for love from someone they can't have.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been listening to this LP over and over 'till I, predictably, memorized all the sappy tragic lyrics Smith wrote for his debut release. Ever since I heard 'I'm Not The Only One', I am head over heels for this guy, the same way I did for Adele back in 2011.

In The Lonely Hour is a good album, to tell ya the truth. Sure it isn't as great as 21 was but yea, it is still a good record with songs that all of us can actually relate to. Packed with only 10 tracks, you can listen to this gem with ease while laying in your bed and thought about some guy you can't have 'cos he's taken (sobs). 

Other than my most favourite track, which I've mentioned above, you'd totally be addicted to 'Good Thing', 'Leave Your lover', 'Stay With Me', and 'Lay Me Down'.

'Money On My Mind' is a scar of this record. I'm not a fan of the track thanks to the hideous chorus. Sorry not sorry, Smith.

Anyway, I am predicting In The Lonely Hour will have a huge sale by Christmas. This is the kind of album where your parents wouldn't be embarrassed to buy at the music store for you.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment