The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

LP Review | Christina Perri - Head or Heart

Christina Perri
Head or Heart
Atlantic
Release date: April 1, 2014

By Shawal Ras

The singer, who achieved fame through her hit singles, 'Jar of Hearts' and 'A Thousand Words', is back with her sophomore effort, Head or Heart.

After listening to the album this morning, I'm definitely feeling the vulnerability of it. With most of the tracks are about her personal heartbreaks and life in general (plus her new romance), this album is indeed a sob record.

Is it good? In my opinion, Head or Heart is probably her best record to date. In fact, it's better than her debut, Lovestrong. The twelve tracks that encompass this album make for one cohesive listening experience.

Believe me, this is was one of my most anticipated albums of this year since 'Human' released back in November, and it’s far from disappointing.

Other than the first single, some of my favourite tracks are: 'Burning Gold', 'Be My Forever (feat. Ed Sheeran), 'One Night', 'Sea of Lovers', 'The Words', 'Run', 'Butterfly', and the closing track 'I Believe'.

But to be honest, 'Trust' is not a good track for an album opening though. I'm a bit disappointed with it. Great lyrics, but its sounds are just... wrong.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead, be honest, and suggest y'all to buy this album. Head or Heart exceeds my expectation and I'm glad I listened to it.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment