The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Single Review | Foster the People - Coming of Age

Foster the People
'Coming of Age' - Single
Columbia Records
Release date: January 14, 2014

In the midst of the hotness going around Shakira and Rihanna's duet in 'Can't Remember to Forget You', my favorite pop-rockers, Foster the People, is back with a brand new single, 'Coming of Age'.

'Coming of Age' is a very cool pop-rock track that talks about going ahead and accepting what is yet to come. Lyrics like "I try to live without regrets / I'm always looking forward and not looking back / but I tend to leave a trail of debt while I'm movin' ahead" gave this song its chilling effect. It's a very pretty song with deep lyrics and yes, it isn't as offensive as their debut single, 'Pumped Up Kicks'. Lyrically, I love this song. Sonically, I'm OK with it. I'm not excited for it but I think it'll be engraved on my forehead soon enough. 

This track will be included in the group's sophomore record, Supermodel (coming in March), and judging by the songs in their previous album, Torches, and this single, the album will be critics' most anticipated album for 2014 (well, at least the first quarter, right?).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 


1 comment:

  1. I love Coming of Age! It's my new favorite Foster the People song. I've already pre-ordered their album! http://smarturl.it/FosterSite

    ReplyDelete