The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Single Review | Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up)

Fall Out Boy
My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up) - Single
Island Def Jam
Release date: February 4, 2013

Fall Out Boy returns to the music scene with a very edgy new sound and a cool album. Despite that, my interest with 'em kinda died after Patrick Stump released his not-so-popular solo record a few years back. But this single, 'My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up)', kinda dragged me right back into them and now I wanna save rock and roll, too!

It doesn't take a scientist to find out why I fell in love with 'My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up)'. The edgy hard pop rock beat, the Queen-like high pitch when they sang "light 'em up up up I'm on fireeee" and that anthemic verse in the chorus that goes "oh ohhh oh ohhh." Sure Taylor Swift damaged this song by performing with 'em boys at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show but as long as that version is not released officially to the public, we'll be fine with the original version, thank you.

Save Rock and Roll is a good album although it is not as good as their previous records, but still, with this kind of single imprinted in it, I'm sure you'll love the album as much as I do. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

P/s: does anyone remember that scene where Kim K is kissing a monkey in Fall Out Boy's 'Thnks Fr Th Mmrs' video? Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment