The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

LP Review | Olly Murs - In Case You Didn't Know

Olly Murs
In Case You Didn't Know
Epic Records
Release date: November 25, 2011

By Shawal Ras



In Case You Didn't Know is Olly Murs' sophomore album and was released back in 2011. Today, I decided to review this record just because there is nothing much I want to review over the past few days. So, let's make it my first throwback music series. Can? Yes sure can! 

Like what I've mentioned before, UK got loads of talented artists coming out over the past ten years and Olly Murs is right in that can of instant noodles! 

Sure, he's a reality star but his albums didn't sound like it at all. Endowed with soulful voice and tune that reminds me of the doo-wop days and yea, I fell in love with it! His personality shines through this record of retro-pop arrangements and despite some of the cheesy songs, there are lots of tracks that are certainly fulfilling and easy on the ears.

'Heart Skips a Beat'. 'Oh My Goodness', 'Dance With Me Tonight', 'I've Tried Everything', 'This Song Is About You', 'In Case You Didn't Know', 'On My Cloud' and 'I Don't Love You Too' are some of my favorite tracks off this pop album.

Sure, this album is not as perfect as his self-titled debut but still, it is much more better than his recent record, Right Place Right Time, which sounds repetitive and boring (and yes, I don't think it should be his first US release. Sure he got Flo Rida in one track but what so great about that?). 

So, yes, if you want music for some sing along session in your car and put a smile to your face, then this record is the real deal. It isn't full of cheap ol' ballads and I promise you this: you'll love it!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment