The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Music Video Review | Chvrches - Leave A Trace

Chvrches
Leave A Trace - Single
Virgin / Glassnote
Release date: July 16, 2015 (Single) / August 17, 2015 (Music Video)

By Shawal Ras


Chvrches has released the video for ‘Leave A Trace’ and I’m having a love/hate relationship with it.

The single, which was released exactly a month ago, got a pretty solid review from moi. It is a vibrant example of synth pop and you can definitely hear their distinct sound throughout the song. It’s a safe track if I’m being honest, but meh, I couldn’t care less.

Anyway, the music video is another story altogether. I love the whole gloomy cinematic visual but I hate the fact that it’s a one-woman show. I mean, where are the guys? So many fans are questioning this decision. You guys are no Paramore, okay. 

Side note: When did Lauren Mayberry become such a babe? I am in love with her. Someone need to put that gal on a cover of some hipster fashion mags (or Vogue, whichever comes first) - PRONTO!

Watch the video below and drop me a comment! 

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.