The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, June 01, 2015

Single Review | Lawson - Roads

Lawson
Roads - Single
Global Talent / Polydor
Release date: May 3, 2015

By Shawal Ras


Lawson has gone OneRepublic and I am not against it at all.

Earlier last month, a group of English hunks (my girlfriends stand by this statement), Lawson, released a rad new song and I kinda like it. 

First of all, I am sorry for not reviewing this sooner. It casually slips my radar - my bad.

Anyway, 'Roads' is a thumping and fast-paced song that sounds a lot like whatever that's available in OneRepublic's catalogue and despite that similarity, I am not complaining. I'm digging it with every listen. It is easy to my ears and pretty much a not-so-drastic sound change from their last LP, Chapman Square.

But, these guys need to cool it down before people starts to think this is not their song. I tested this theory and my friend thought it was a work of Ryan Tedder. Yikes!

Whatever it is, listen to the track below and drop me some comment. 

P/s: Oh, listen to the acoustic version, same chill coolness.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment