The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Music Video Review | Kristina Myles - I'm Getting Rid of This

Kristina Myles
I'm Getting Rid of This - Single
Take Note
Release date: March 23, 2015 (Single) / March 11, 2015 (Music Video)

MOBO nominee, Kristina Myles, has released the latest music video off her second album, Paint A Brighter Day, and it screams Sara Bareilles in so many ways! 

The track, 'I'm Getting Rid of This', is an inspiring-theme song that combines eclectic pop with a little bit of jazz influence. 

The song is fun, 'cos Myles' audio style reminded me a lot of Sara Bareilles and to be honest, the song also reminded of Bareilles' minor hit, 'Gonna Get Over You'. 

I kinda like it!

Anyway, the video is another story.

It starts with a scene of Myles in a packed cinema with her boyfriend, then she starts imagining herself going into a dancing mode and she's gonna kick anything that tryna pull her down. 

To be honest, the video is pretty dark for my liking (by 'dark' I mean literally dark). If only the video is a little bit brighter, it would compliment the music better, I guess.

But, I do like the final scene where the singer pops the balloons with negative words written on it. Kinda symbolic for any underdogs who are feeling that way, y'know.

You can watch the video below and drop us some comments!

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment