The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Monday, March 09, 2015

LP Review | Fall Out Boy - American Beauty / American Psycho

Fall Out Boy
American Beauty / American Psycho
Island / DCD2
Release Date: January 16, 2015

By Shawal Ras


A fantastic headphone-banger! American Beauty / American Psycho is Fall Out Boy's sixth studio LP and a follow-up to the their comeback album, Save Rock and Roll

After giving myself two listening sessions ('cos I can't sleep - that's why), I have to say, I am inclined to give this one a pretty good review thanks to it's oh-so-high energetic delivery (as usual: Patrick Stump can always deliver his voice with the perfect emotion to the record).

To be honest, AB/AP is a definite clear statement that the boys have changed and it's not necessarily a bad thing. The songs included here in this LP are no more pop-punk but rather heavily electronified with the mixture of pop and repetitive delivery, and I know that sounds bad but it's not.

I mean, most of the songs here are so fit for those big stadium concerts and you will most definitely sing-along to all of it. Yeah, they are no longer doing Infinity of High, but this one is their declaration that they're ready to move on and trying new things in order to be fresher for the ever-growing industry. 



My current hit-list from this one is actually 'Uma Thurman'. The song just reeks something from a 70's spy film and I love it for being that weirdly synced to my brain. And yeah, Uma makes a cameo, too!

Including that, some of my favourites here are 'Irresistible', 'American Beauty / American Psycho', 'Novocaine' and 'Immortals'.

That one track that I'm not fond of is actually 'Centuries' for it being played so many times in the radio, I got really annoyed. Sorry, fellas.

Anyway, am not sure if their old fans will love American Beauty / American Psycho, but I'm sure this'll get them new set of fans and like it or not, they're here to stay.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment