The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Single Review | Vérité - Strange Enough

Vérité
Strange Enough - Single
(Independent)
Release date: July 16, 2014 

I am in love with this!

Vérité, a 24 year old from Brooklyn, released her debut song, 'Strange Enough', a few months back and I just heard it last night and yes, I am loving it.

Why?

The chorus is soooo friggin' good. The synth / electronica feels to it got me in the cloud and I am never coming down. It is gorgeously written and composed. 

"I I I wanna fall where everything's the same same same," that chorus is so dreamy like. For real!

Sonically, she's a mix of Ellie Goulding's music style and Lana Del Rey's lyrical manner. It's odd, in a beautiful way. 

Listen to the track below and drop me a comment!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment