The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Music Video Review | Karmin - I Want It All

Karmin
I Want It All - Single
Epic
Release date: January 28, 2014 (Single) / February 26, 2014 (Music Video)

Karmin finally released the music video for their latest and abso-catchy-lutely new single, 'I Want It All'. To be honest: I hate it. 

First of all, I keep on imagining fun and colourful stuffs when I'm listening to this single. It is so catchy, danceable and in my head, I keep on imagining they're skating in a lively night-club-ish ambiance with a very retro feel to it. Most of the points I've given are already in the video, but the end product seems a little too urban, not groovy. Plus, Amy got too much make-up going on (on that note: please bring back your signature bun and brunette hair).

Despite the oh-so-failed music video, I still love the song and I'll keep on singing it for a very long time. I am quite stoked for their upcoming debut album, Pulses, which will hit the stores in late March and I am dying to know what they'll bring in the record. More pop, less experimental, please!

Plus, we really wanna see Karmin in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! Make it happen, y'all! 

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment