The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

LP Review | Demi Lovato - Demi

Demi Lovato
Demi
Hollywood
Release date: May 10, 2013

By Shawal Ras


It took me exactly two months to fall in love with Demi Lovato's new hit, 'Heart Attack', back in 2013. I thought it was kinda hard and I hated it. That thought changed the moment the video decided to make its way into my computer (it's not that I love the video, but I think she looked different in it - edgier and a little funkier, unlike any other failed ex-Disney artists). I still remember that I spent that whole week listening to this song only. Talk about obsession, right?

In May, Demi dropped and I immediately fell in love with four tracks that I later deigned as the strongest than the rest of the album fillers: 'Heart Attack' (obviously), night-club inspired 'Neon Lights', bubblegum pop 'Made in the USA' and my favorite of all, the anthemic 'Warrior'. The latter is actually a continuation of her breakthrough single, 'Skyscrapper'. Much of the songs in this album aren't memorable as the four tracks I've mentioned before. And since this is her grown up album, so, I kinda expected it to be rock-ish, not pop rock like this one. 

Overall, Demi is pretty OK for a comeback album (I'm sure her next will be better and bolder). Certainly not my favorite from last year, but still, it's an enjoyable record nonetheless. 

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment