The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

LP Review | Griffin Peterson - From All Sides

Griffin Peterson
From All Sides
Raymond
Release date: July 28, 2015

By Shawal Ras


This is that rare moment in life because, believe it or not, I literally just enjoyed a folk-ridden country album, and I’m not talking about Taylor Swift. Griffin Peterson (not Peter Griffin from Family Guy) got himself a new fan with his effortless sophomore record, From All Sides.

An introduction: Peterson is a Nashville-born singer/songwriter who got his calling at 18 after spending a day writing music and was introduced to the world after a brief stint in the twelfth season of American Idol. 

There’s not much to know about this guy (FYI, I Googled him and left with more questions than before), but y'know what, his music is pretty good and that’s all I need to know, for now.

How would I describe him? Well, hmm, he’s Ed Sheeran with that original Texan spunk and I dig this whole folk-ish country music meets pop. His music is comforting to the ears and this is the reason why I’m reviewing this album.

Anyway, From All Sides is kinda a raw LP. There are eleven tracks in it and a few of ‘em are my favs. I’d suggest ‘Set Me Free’ (see below), ‘Even If Your Back Was Turned’, ‘Take Us Away’, ‘Blind’, and ‘Any Other Night’.

To be honest, at first, I’m not that keen in listening due to the slow first track, but ended up loving the album’s speed by the third track. Plus, it was raining over here, so, that might’ve contributed to my judgement.

Whatever it is, listen to ‘Set Me Free’ below and if you like what you’re listening to, the album is available here via Raymond.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.