The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Music Video Review | Little Mix - Hair (feat. Sean Paul)

Little Mix
Hair (feat. Sean Paul) - Single
Syco
Release date: April 15, 2016 (Single) / April 20, 2016 (Music Video)

By Shawal Ras


Perrie, Leigh-Anne, Jessy, and Jade are back for a my-boy-is-cheating-so-I-need-my-girls sleepover with some pizzas, fur jacket, pouring daiquiris, and yes, as suggested in the title, some much-needed hair flipping mood. 

The video, which just arrived yesterday, is a pretty fun ride. It opens with Leigh-Anne apparently having a quibble over FaceTime with the guest rapper, Sean Paul. So, naturally, she invited her girls to come over and they had a GHD-sponsored sleepover in some fabulous silk sleepwear.

'Hair', the fourth single off the group's latest studio album Get Weird, is a stomping track with sassy lyrics for that whole *girl power* vibe, as noted in the chorus: “I’ve tried everything but it’s useless / He pushed me so far, now I’m on the edge / Make him disappear/ Girl, get him out my hair.”

To be honest, I kinda like the original version of the song. Sia had him for 'Cheap Thrills'. Now Little Mix. It's like the world is looking for a Sean Paul 2.0. Unnecessary, okay. 

Still, the video looks fun (I mean, look at Jade's facial expressions!). Their friendship looks genuine, real, and the group's concept is relatable to many, and that is why I like LM better than Fifth Harmony. #SorryButNotReally

Anyway, watch below (and drop us some comments or suggestions in Facebook or Twitter!).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.