The Record Blog is the coolest independent site for pop music. We provide our readers with our savvy takes on new releases, including songs, videos, albums, as well as exclusive interviews and gigs. This is for those who crave for great music and awesome curated content. For inquiries, please email us at therecordblog@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Single Review | Lucy Rose - I Tried

Lucy Rose
I Tried - Single
Sony Music
Release date: July 6, 2015

By Shawal Ras


Was browsing through Twitter and found this chilled-out track by an unknown English singer, Lucy Rose.

'I Tried' is a subtle electronica track released few weeks ago. Rose's haunting and delicate vocals sound pretty well here. Reminds me a lot of Verité. It is slow, effortless, and perfect for the song's chilling effect.

Soundtrack for the raining season, eh?

Anyway, 'I Tried' is a fantastic teaser for Rose's upcoming LP (her second), Work It Out. It is due to be released in July 2015 and if by any chance it is available here in Malaysia, I'll buy it.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment